14 June 2013
ITA contributed to the preparation of the session on Immersed Tunnels organized in Opatija (Croatia) which was organized by ITA Croatia on Friday 14 June at the occasion of the annual meeting of Croatian Engineering Society. More than 50 participants attended this first session about Immersed Tunnels which will constitute a new way for Tunnelling in the Country.
ITA-CET Committee and ITACET Foundation provided three very experienced lecturers, including Jonathan BABER, the new animateur of the ITA Working Group on Immersed Tunnels.
The Seminar also gave the opportunity to a Croatian lecture, M. Jelic to present the “Peljesac Crossing” (Adriatic Tunnel – Bridge) in the regions of Zadar and Rijeca on a distance of around 60 km.
The detailed programme was as follows:
- 15.10-15.15: Introduction by Davorin KOLIC, ITA Croatia President
- 15.15 – 15.25: Strategy of ITA in term of Training by Claude BERENGUIER (slideshow encl.)
- 15.25 – 15.50: Overview and types of Immersed Tunnels - Jonathan BABER (UK)
- 15.50 – 16.25: Planning and Design of the Tunnel Structure and Foundation – Hans de WITT (NL)
- 16.25 – 17.00: Project case study: Fehmarnbelt fixed link – Klaus IVERSEN (DK)
- 17.00 – 17.25: Coffee break
- 17.25 – 17.50: Peljesac Crossing – M. JELIC (Croatia)
- 17.50 – 18.15: Construction sequence joints and control of cracking – Jonathan BABER
- 18.15 – 18.35: Marine Construction methods and Tunnel finishing – Hans de WITT
- 18.35 – 19.05: Project case study: Marmaray project – Klaus IVERSEN
- 19.05 – 19.10: Closing Remarks