Who should I contact if I want to organise a training session?
Please contact our secretariat by email, who will respond to your request without delay.
What are the first steps in organising a training session?
You (the client) will be asked to explain the context, the desired topic and the envisaged budget of the training session. The Foundation has a portfolio of “ready-made” training sessions, covering a wide variety of topics. The proposed programmes are available on our web site. These programmes may obviously be adapted to meet your specific requirements.
The executive director and the Foundation’s secretariat will then explain the procedures that you need to follow.
What if the relevant topic is not in the portfolio?
If you wish to organise a training session on a topic other than those in our portfolio, the Foundation will obviously consider your request and together with the ITA-CET Committee, will look into the feasibility of organising such a session.
What specific services does the Foundation provide for the organisation of training sessions?
The role of the Foundation is to coordinate the pedagogical and organisational aspects of the training session. It will:
- work with the ITA-CET Committee to adapt the training session programme to the client’s requirements and choose suitable lecturers
- collect the presentations from the lecturers and edit the training session proceedings, so that the client, or the Foundation, may print them or provide participants with a digital version
- organise the lecturer’s travel arrangements
- provide the client with a template for a flyer to promote the training session, if necessary
- help the client to handle participants’ registration and payment, when requested.
Who finances the training session?
There are two types of costs: local and international.
Local costs are related to the venue, catering, accommodation for lecturers, local transport etc. The local costs are always covered by the client.
International costs are related to the pedagogical preparation of the event (done by the Foundation secretariat), editing of the proceedings and international travel costs of the lecturers.
If the client is:
- An ITA Member Nation representative, the international costs are normally covered by the client in agreement with the Foundation. However, there are several possible payment options depending on the financial means of the client’s country.
- a company member of ITA, then the company will be expected to cover the entire costs of the organisation of the event, both local and international.
What if my company / institution does not have the financial means to fully bear the costs? Is there a way for the Foundation to increase its level of financial support?
Of course! Your request will be put to the Council of the Foundation who will look into the possibility of additional funding.
Why should I approach the Foundation instead of another private or public training institution?
The Foundation was created to promote education and training in tunnelling and underground space throughout the world and in particular in emerging countries. We fully understand that some of these countries will not have the financial means to organise such events.
In addition, the Foundation’s lecturers are members of ITA and as such, they are amongst the leading world experts in their field.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information!