Published on June 2011:
"Agreement concerning the support by ITACET Foundation of Events regarding Training organized by the Industry."
The agreement Is available, Download it here >>
CONVENTIONAL ROCK TUNNELLING AND SPRAYED CONCRETE TECHNOLOGY
FRIDAY 20 – SATURDAY 21 MAY 2011
FINLANDIA HALL AND BELOW CONSTRUCTION SITE
May 20 – 21, 2011 At the occasion of the ITA-AITES World tunnel congress in Helsinki, ITA-AITES and the ITACET Foundation, together with the Finnish Tunnelling association and four ITA sponsors, namely BASF-Meyco, Mapei- UTT, Normet and VSH Hagerbach Test Gallery Ltd. organized a very fruitful two days training session aimed at young professionals of the tunneling industry.
The program of the two days training session, was prepared by the ITACET committee in coordination with the Finnish Tunnelling Association. Read the complete programme here>>
The course was divided in two parts. During the first part the attendees followed a total of eleven hours of classes, given by fourteen high profile speakers, both from the academic and corporate world, from the ITA-AITES Network. Main themes were:
- Rock Tunnelling Excavation,
- Support and Design
- Sprayed Concrete Technology
- Reinforcements to Sprayed Concrete Linings
- Special Aspects
All courses where followed by lively and open discussion on the presented topic. These interaction between the lecturers ad the attendees produce very interesting insight on specific points of the presented subject.
Lecture sessions was followed by captivating practical demonstration held in an underground work going on just under the Finlandia Hall where the training session was held.
Practical demonstration themed:
- Best Spraying Practices (Normet)
- Sprayed Concrete Quality control (VSH Hagerbach Test Gallery)
- Sprayable membranes (MEYCO-BASF)
- Fibre reinforced sprayed concrete (MAPEI)
This underground work was made possible by the involvement of the contractor Lemminkainen.
With more than 50 participants from 20 different countries the training session held during the WTC11 was a great success The Foundation is looking forward the next planned training session in Austria, China and Cambodia and others, and is already planning the next WTC12 training session, which will be held in Bangkok on the main topic “Tunelling in Urban Areas”, Thaïland, from 18-23 May 2012.
New Scholarship criteria available.
We inform you that the Foundation may help financially students from emerging countries for all or part of the scholarship for the ITA-AITES ITACET endorsed master course:
- University of Texas at Austin, "online certification in Tunnelling", to know more>>
- Ecole polytechnique fédérale Lausanne, "MAS on Tunnelling". more on the epfl web site>>
- INSA Lyon (French Technical University - Lyon), “TUNNELS AND UNDERGROUND STRUCTURES, from design to operation". To know more read the short official presentation >>>
- Politecnico di Torino "TUNNELLING AND TUNNEL BORING MACHINES". More information on the Politecnico di Torino website >>
China, Shanghai 12 - 13 November 2011, "Safety Operation in Metro and Road Tunnels"
Cambodia, 14 December 2011,"Underground Space Use"
Nepal, training session on "Sprayed concrete", December 2011
UNDERGROUND SPACES FOR TOMORROW
The AFTES International Congress will take place at the Cité Internationale in Lyon from 17 to 19 October 2011.
It will be held jointly with our sister Belgian, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish and Swiss tunnelling and undergroundspace associations.
Detailed information are available on the event web site: www.aftes.asso.fr